Pages

Slovakian Combs(s) Over

Slovakian Combs(s) Over
Adventures of the Combs

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Phoenix Marathon

     My alarm went off at 3:45 to get up and get ready. I was already nervous so early in the morning. Then, I made the drive to Mesa to get on a school bus. I was on the second bus at 4:30 am. The bus dropped us off at the starting line where fir pits welcomed us. This was awesome because it 50 degrees F. I was wearing shorts and the warmth felt great! 
 Finally, at 6:30 with the sun slowly creeping over the horizon, we made our way to the starting line. Bag pipes lead the way to the starting point. We could see the Phoenix sign behind us now that it was light.
Right at 7:00 am the gun went off and the over 1000 runners were off.
My official time was 2:19:40.5 and I was 24th in my age group. I felt great and I even could have done better but several times throughout the race I reminded myself that I was doing this race for fun. So, I walked some of it.
I only ended up with one blister on my middle toe on my right foot. I was happy to see that my feet were not disformed from the toe shoes.
 Dustin took some pictures when I got home. Sitka was so happy to see me since she made it hard for me to put her in the kennel. She saw that I was in running clothes and wanted to go with me.

 Now I cannot wait for next year when I do the Phoenix Marathon...bring on the 26.2 miles!!

No comments: