Pages

Slovakian Combs(s) Over

Slovakian Combs(s) Over
Adventures of the Combs

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The New School Year

WELCOME TO THE 2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR

      I haven't had a chance to share my thoughts about the new school year...probably because when I came back from Slovakia, the very next day I returned to work.  I have ht the ground running since we have been back and I feel that I have taken very little breaks. So, this morning I thought I would share some things:

Excitements
  • small class (18 at the moment)
  • very low class and have potential to see some major growths
  • little behavior problems
  • verbal English is awesome!
  • we have a C.A.R.E. program that makes them be responsible for getting to school on time, homework turned in, and the right materials (including pencil and I.D.)
  • using technology to get them excited about learning

Challenges
  • since they are so low, alot of work for them to learn the academic vocabulary
  • academic language is challenging for them to practice with me and remember/retain
  • students seem unmotivated
     I will trust in God to help me settle down and get into a groove of the new school year. I know that there are many things that will come my way both in school and at home that will keep me challenged. But I am ready for it!!

Prayer Requests
  • that I stay focused on teaching these kiddos
  • I do not loose my love for teaching
  • that I take care of myself and realize when I need to relax or just take a break from grading or cleaning the house
I know I can do this because I received this amazing note from a student from last years class!

No comments: