WELCOME TO THE 2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR
I haven't had a chance to share my thoughts about the new school year...probably because when I came back from Slovakia, the very next day I returned to work. I have ht the ground running since we have been back and I feel that I have taken very little breaks. So, this morning I thought I would share some things:
- small class (18 at the moment)
- very low class and have potential to see some major growths
- little behavior problems
- verbal English is awesome!
- we have a C.A.R.E. program that makes them be responsible for getting to school on time, homework turned in, and the right materials (including pencil and I.D.)
- using technology to get them excited about learning
- since they are so low, alot of work for them to learn the academic vocabulary
- academic language is challenging for them to practice with me and remember/retain
- students seem unmotivated
I will trust in God to help me settle down and get into a groove of the new school year. I know that there are many things that will come my way both in school and at home that will keep me challenged. But I am ready for it!!