Pages

Slovakian Combs(s) Over

Slovakian Combs(s) Over
Adventures of the Combs

Monday, September 15, 2008

Student Teaching

I have now started my 4th week of student teaching and feel like I should write a little about it or at least give some time of reflection. Not that I do not do enough of that for one of my classes at ASU but still, more of a personal reflection.

One of the girls in my class on Thursday evenings asked a few others if we are having second thoughts about teaching...we all answered with "Yes!" I began to wonder why I even answered yes immediately. I think it is because as a student teacher, we are required to be modeling strategies that we have learned for the past year and a half and be using the structure that our mentor teacher is using. In reality, this is not our own classroom yet and we have a lot of work for us. Even for me being in ELL classroom where everything is so new that the teacher is learning with me how to run the classroom. This is the first year for Arizona to be implementing the 4 hours required for ELLs to be immersed in the English Language in a separate classroom from their home room.

Come a few months, I will be applying for different districts to see if I can even get a position come January. The struggling part is that it is in the middle of the school year. I know that most likely I will be substituting for the spring semester and then find a job for the next school year...but we will see what God has in store for me, right? He is the only one that is giving me the strength to get through right now as I am fighting some kind of sickness for the past two weeks. Welcome to working with kids, right? :)

No comments: