- And hath raised up a mighty salvation for us : in the house of his servant David;
- As he spake by the mouth of his holy Prophets : which have been since the world began;
- That we should be saved from our enemies : and from the hands of all that hate us;
- To perform the mercy promised to our forefathers : and to remember his holy Covenant;
- To perform the oath which he sware to our forefather Abraham : that he would give us;
- That we being delivered out of the hands of our enemies : might serve him without fear;
- In holiness and righteousness before him : all the days of our life.
- And thou, Child, shalt be called the Prophet of the Highest : for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
- To give knowledge of salvation unto his people : for the remission of their sins,
- Through the tender mercy of our God : whereby the day-spring from on high hath visited us;
- To give light to them that sit in darkness, and in the shadow of death : and to guide our feet into the way of peace.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel : for he hath visited, and redeemed his people;