English (The Divine Office (Grail Version), 1974)
- At last, all-powerful Master, +
- you give leave to your servant *
- to go in peace, according to your promise.
- For my eyes have seen your salvation *
- which you have prepared for all nations,
- the light to enlighten the Gentiles *
- and give glory to Israel, your people.
English (Liturgy of the Hours, 1975)
- Lord, now you let your servant go in peace;
- Your word has been fulfilled.
- My eyes have seen the salvation
- You have prepared in the sight of every people,
- A light to reveal you to the nations and the glory of your people, Israel.
English (New Revised Standard Version, 1989):
- Master, now you are dismissing your servant in peace, according to your word;
- for my eyes have seen your salvation,
- which you have prepared in the presence of all peoples,
- a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel.