Pages

Slovakian Combs(s) Over

Slovakian Combs(s) Over
Adventures of the Combs

Friday, June 20, 2008

My last day in Regensburg

(<-orientation, the group)
I cannot believe that today is my last day here in Regensburg. I feel like it was just yesterday that I had arrivd here and had no idea where anything was. Of course the city feels ten times smaller now that I do know where to buy my groceries or where the Post Office is or the Bank and of course the best places to eat food.
(culture class, Thurn und Taxis)

I am both sad and happy to be done since the school part is over and I can actually enjoy my summer...wait, I have summer right now, I had no idea since I have been working very hard in my literature class. But guess what! It has paid off since my professor just told me my grades and I got an A in the culture class and an A- in the literature class. I am so happy to have gotten the grades since I was so worried that I would get a B.

(<-some of the group at Walhalla)
It has been a great experience to be with this group despite the different interests that we all had. There were no major arguments amongst roommates, even when some people got locked out or had a rommate that snored nice and loud. But what can I say that came out from it all, an awesome learning expereince, great food and even better stories to bring back across the ocean.

Tonight we are having dinner as group to say thank you to the host families that housed two girls in the program and for us all to be together one last time. We are all axcited to go home but I believe half of us are staying somewhere in Germany for at least a week longer.

By the way, Deutschland is amazing in Fussball because even many of the locals said the they could not beat Portugal in the game. Oh we definitely showed them!

No comments: