Pages

Slovakian Combs(s) Over

Slovakian Combs(s) Over
Adventures of the Combs

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lent 2015

So as I have been pondering what I will do for Lent this year, I realized I needed to do something to help me focus on my life again. (Can't do a major diet change since I want to still be providing as much as possible for the little man) Having a little baby really takes up quite a bit of time and so when I have down time, what am I doing? Checking Facebook or Instagram or Pinterest or occasionally Twitter. I find myself mostly addicted to Facebook. I am busy comparing myself to the other ladies who recently had babies and how their little ones are doing so much more than my little one. I tell myself all the time that I'm good they way that I am right now but the little lies always come back. Or seeing how much a mother is pumping while at work when some days I struggle to just get enough. I keep finding myself saying that sometimes I wish Facebook didn't exist. I love that I can keep in touch with so many people worldwide. But is it hurting me more than helping? Am I that weak right now that I can't just turn away from that?

Here is my hope for the next 40 days:
I focus on my relationship with my Heavenly Father. (Dive into God's word)
I focus on being a better person in general. (Health wise both emotionally and physically)
I focus on being a wife and a mother.  (Allowing myself to not compare)

I want to blog about my journey as much as possible so feel free to follow me as much as you want. Everyone can still get ahold of me via email, text, WhatsApp, and I'll most likely stay on Instagram as I need a way to post my pictures still. If you can't tell, I LOVE pictures!! 

Here it goes with my journey to be a better me! May I focus on the life that God has given me. 

No comments: